Watch this video to see what DTS is all about. If you look close, you may see a familiar face : )

Here's the DTS trailor, just a shortened version of what's above...

Thursday, February 19, 2009

February Update

Hey Everyone,

I apologize for not sending anything out sooner. I hope you are all getting along well this wonderful year of 2009.

RECENTLY...
It was so good to be able to visit back in November and in December with my girlfriend Emili. But today I'm very proud to announce to you all that she is now my fiance! For those of you who didn't know, we were officially a couple in March of 2008 and we knew each other since January of 2007. She grew up in Cedar Falls, Iowa and has been involved with YWAM for the past 3 or 4 years. I asked her to marry me on Saturday February 7th (HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONRAD) and... she said YES! Now I am the happiest man alive.

WHAT I'M DOING
I'm still working full time in the admissions department as well as leading worship for the dorm and for the schools twice a week. It's been a real stretch for me to lead worship as much as I've been lately. Also, every other weekend me and a few friends have headed up some local outreaches for the training schools and so it's been a real privilege to serve with the students in this way. Other commitments include no shortage of ministry meetings and dating : )

HOW I'VE BEEN
This past season has definitely been a good one and a challenging one. I always try to find that euphoria in my schedule where I'm busy enough (or relying on the Lord enough) to stay focused on God and yet have enough down time to rest and spend time with Jesus. This past couple of months I've probably been a little busier than I should be but God's been so gracious to me in that I never really felt overwhelmed. I have a really great roommate, Andrew, and he's been a real support to me this first year on staff.

On a more personal note, I think the one area in my life that God has been challenging me the most is having faith in Jehovah Rophi (God who heals). This spring the Lord healed me of allergies but this winter I began to experience some symptoms again and so I've just been reminded/challenged to stand on His word and believe God for my health. And this principal is so great cause it applies to so many areas of my life, not just my health, but all of the promises in the Bible. If it's His Word we can stand on it! Another thing I've really been challenged with lately is this question... am I willing to pour into others when I have nothing left of myself to give? The other day after a full day I was exhausted and was walking back to the dorm just in time to begin Dorm Devos and I had this thought... convince Andrew to just give me the night off. But I decided I would help anyway and God met me in such a special way that night. I'm convinced that God loves it when we have nothing left of ourselves to give so that he can flow through us in ways we only hope for much of the time.

WHAT'S NEXT?
I plan on being here on staff at least until the summer time. Emili and I are planning on getting hitched sometime in July or August and so we're praying about what God would have us do next. If it were up to me I would move back home, no questions asked, but we do really want to hear from God about what to do next. His ways are higher and we don't want to assume His will for our lives.

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!
Like I said, Emili and I are really being intentional right now praying about our next move. Please be praying this week that we would have ears to hear Him speak His will and affirm our next steps. Also, we are both under a little bit of pressure to plan a wedding for this summer. She goes on outreach at the end of March for a month and a half and we are still looking for a place to have our reception. Please pray for wisdom and grace as we try to plan our wedding day. After much consideration we felt it would be best to get married here in Texas and have a reception in Ohio.

I LOVE THIS QUOTE
The school leader read this quote in class on Wednesday morning... "If you see yourself as a sinner trying to be a saint then that's exactly what you're going to be."

No comments: