Watch this video to see what DTS is all about. If you look close, you may see a familiar face : )

Here's the DTS trailor, just a shortened version of what's above...

Sunday, March 22, 2009

March

Hi all,

What a crazy month, I don't think I've ever had to make so many decisions in my whole life : ) I used to laugh to myself when I would see other couples getting stressed out about their wedding plans but from now on I think I'll be identifying with them. And it's more than just making decisions, you have to actually agree on everything! Praise God. Anyway, here's what we've figured out so far...

Details!
We're getting married August 15th here in Texas with a reception following in Ohio but we're not quite sure when. It'll be an outside wedding at YWAM's Fatherheart campus and the reception will follow in Lindale at the Fellowship of Prairie Creek. I'll be returning to Ohio in the beginning of July to work and find a place to live. We're not sure what Emili will be doing yet, she is praying about finishing college. That's about as much as we've figured out at this point. I'm so excited ...and I just can't hide it. I miss my Amish/Mennonite friends very much!

Prayer Requests
-Please be praying for us as we make plans and prepare for what's ahead (a place to live, etc.)
-For grace for Emili with the move to Ohio and for both of us as our worlds come together... I may be getting a bit set in some of my ways, it's pretty typical of a 28 year old.
-I'm sure there's a lot of things you married people will know to pray for.
-For Emili as she co-leads an outreach to Costa Rica. She leaves April 11th and returns May 13th. Much of their focus will be helping to rebuild farmlands and homes that were destroyed by an earthquake this past January.

Currently...
Things are slowing down a bit as the schools are going on outreach. The next ones begin March 29th and I'll be the dorm leader for the first couple months. I look forward to having a room to myself for a little while as my roommate goes on outreach.

That's all for now. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I'm humbled when I remember that my support doesn't come from the works of my own hands, but from yours. Thank you for partnering with me in what God is doing here at YWAM Tyler!

Blessings.

1 comment:

Landon Troyer said...

MATE sounds good to me... for sure... not seeing many comments on here.. i hope that people are reading this... i just watched the video on the top of the page.props mate.. looks great to me.. and i want to come check out the base there.. haaa... :)

good on ya anyway mate... hope your not missing Emili to much while she is away...

later

landon