Watch this video to see what DTS is all about. If you look close, you may see a familiar face : )

Here's the DTS trailor, just a shortened version of what's above...

Friday, April 18, 2008

Dorm Devo's

Every 3 months the guys' dorm atmosphere completely changes. The old schools leave for outreach and the new schools move in for their lecture phase. Our newest schools started less than 3 weeks ago and there seems to be this challenge to keep the atmosphere in the dorm a God-centered one that's conducive for the Holy Spirit.

So every Wednesday evening after dinner me and my roommate (Andrew) prepare our hearts as well as cover the whole dorm in prayer. Then at 8:15 we invite the students into our dorm room to pray before Dorm Devotions at 9:00pm. We've been praying now for some time because we have a burden on our hearts to see breakthrough happen in these schools as well as to bare more and more fruit ourselves as staff.

This last Wednesday at Dorm Devo's was exceptionally good. One of our kitchen staff was scheduled to share and he had no idea what he was supposed to share. He had something prepared earlier in the week but didn't have peace to share it. After praying about it some more he simply trusted the Lord to come through when he got up to share. Well, none of us were really ready for what he was about to share! This what he started out with,

"The Lord told me just now that there's somebody here who hasn't given everything to the Him yet..."

You should have seen the whole room! I never saw the guys sober up so fast! My first thought was a prayerful one... "oh help us Jesus!".

But me and I'm sure many of the other staff were praying and the Lord ministered powerfully that night! Within 10 minutes the whole room was alive with guys praying for each other. By the end of the night, one of the staff confessed unforgiveness toward his parents and some of the students were boldly sharing testimonies with each other. I believe it is the beginning of an answer to prayer and I'm so thankful to the Lord for this. How refreshing it is to be a part of what the Lord is doing.

"The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 5-7 (ESV)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great testimony. The Lord is Good!

Thanks for the card you sent. Means a lot. Reminded me to say thank you to people who have impacted me.

AD Miller said...

Hey, Guy. Now that's called a testimony of God on the move.

Praise His Name. That's encouraging.

I am glad I got to talk to you today.

I really felt the power of someone praying today. There was a settledness within. An authority. He heard. Glory.

From Amish Country, Arlen

AD Miller said...

Now, listen. I didn't know anything about Emili. Hmmm. Things happen, I guess.

Best wishes.

Where is she from?

I know there is only one blood but she doesn't look like a raw Holmes Countian, or English lady, or German mistress. Which is cool, actually.

Just thought I'd throw that in.