Watch this video to see what DTS is all about. If you look close, you may see a familiar face : )

Here's the DTS trailor, just a shortened version of what's above...

Monday, August 4, 2008

ALL ABOARD!

Wow, what to say! So much has happened in the past 3 months! Schools coming and going, 5 different youth camps have almost been completed, and the Texas heat has kicked in to high gear!

What does this mean for me? Well, when I posted my last blog my focus was mainly working in the admissions department and discipleship within the dorm (basically just spending time with the students, not something that is required of me). Since then I've committed to small groups for DTS. This means involvement in small groups twice a week, a two hour staff meeting every Tuesday, and a minimum of 3 meals set aside for 1 on 1's with the small group guys. Aside from this, I now lead worship on Monday's for the DTS.

When I joined school staff part time I didn't really know what I was getting into, but I think the Lord did. As busy and challenged as I've been since my arrival in January I think it was time for a new challenge. Something to help me rely on the Lord, you know? The past four weeks have been especially stretching because I started working with schools and at the same time was leading worship every morning for youth camps and my co-worker left for his outreach to Germany. So during all of this I was filling in for the registrar which requires a lot of things I am yet learning how to do. But isn't it great how the Lord speaks to you when you're in a position to hear from Him, when the pressure's on?

So often I find myself fighting His ways... not wanting to trust before I understand, not willing to risk when I'm content. His word often seems so contrary to reality but when I obey it it's like this whole new world becomes alive. I can see things the way I'm supposed to see them, good always wins, and Jesus is Lord! This is the world that I want to live in.

Deep thought:
If the gospel message was a cruise ship, what do you think Jesus might say?

1 comment:

Larry Kaufman said...

We are wrapping up three months of "rest time" from church = responsibilities. Wow! What a time this summer has been. My pace slowed down considerably. I feel like I got my life back. I bonded with each of the kids and Kendra = a lot. I am ready to go back to work, but need to make some changes with = my work schedule. I feel like we passed a major test in that while I was = gone, things went really well at church. I continue to believe deeply and passionately in what God wants to do at Grace. We are trying to sell our house...we need some country setting and a larger house. The twins = turned 3 this summer. No more diapers and we threw away all sippy cups. That is nice. I am so proud of you and excited about the trajectory of your life for God. We are praying for you and totally value your partnership in making = Jesus known. I would love to meet and hear more about Emily. I am praying for you.

Larry Kaufman